Injuries plague Eagle sports teams

Maurice Taylor '18, Staff Writer

Over the last two months, many standout student-athletes have been injured for a long period of time.
Max Vosloh’18 severely sprained his ankle that has sidelined him from playing basketball up to 1-2 months. He injured his ankle during P.E while playing basketball.
“I went up for a layup and another student undercut while I was in the air and I landed awkwardly on my left ankle,” Vosloh said.
Since his injury, Vosloh has been working with a private trainer to help him return back stronger and healthier. However, he regrets his decision playing against players who don’t know how to play ball.
“I shouldn’t have played against them because I really hurt the team with me being out and I need to be more careful playing with just everybody,” Vosloh said.
Senior Linebacker Melvin Larkins suffered a torn Achilles that has caused him to be out for the entire football season. During practice, as Larkins tried to catch a pass he landed awkwardly on his left leg and was in immediate pain.
His injury required him to have surgery which forced him to miss the entire basketball season as well. After his injury, Melvin is disappointed he isn’t able to play for his team before he goes off to college.
“It pains me to sit on the sideline and watch everybody else play while I am still injured, I wish I could be able to play my final season before I leave,” Larkins said.