Praise for Round Up

Praise for Round Up

For the first time in my life, I was asked to raise money. At a school meeting, we heard a detailed explanation on how we should raise money for the school. First I thought “what an incredible idea!” because I am a student who depends on the scholarship support. But each student raising three hundred dollars? They are daydreaming. However, I felt obliged to make an effort for my fellow Eagle brothers.

So I started to think of how I could accomplish this feat, then an idea popped up in my head, to go door to door in my apartment building to sell these quotas. Unfortunately, this did not go too well for I was almost reported after going to the first door on my floor for door to door selling. Even though I did not believe that I could raise even a quarter of the first quota, I remembered that I am not alone in this process and can ask for help.  Noticing on the Eagle Broadcasting News that there were parishes where we can sign up to sell at, I immediately signed up for one of the churches. People were so responsive and generous there that I sold over one whole quota in just two different services! Coming to that church event made me a “convert” and taught me that fundraising can actually be done by us, STH students! I also thought that there must be a very special couple of people at STH who set up this unbelievable plan.

At the Final Round Up it was finally revealed that the students raised $525,000 for the STH Scholarships. A result that surpassed all expectations, but what was most unexpected is that the students did it! Now I have fully embraced the Eagle spirit and am aiming to sell more than five quotas alone next year. GO EAGLES!