The Eagle

• March 2Students topple last year's record selling over $574,000 in raffle tickets.

• January 12Faculty lead "Scholars" win first "Scholars vs. Ballers" basketball game

• January 7STH Welcomes prospective families on Sunday, January 7th for STH Open House!

The Grind Never Stops

On Wednesday, November 8th, two of our Eagles signed their National Letters of Intent to prolong their sports careers into the collegiate level. Baseball players Philip Matulia ‘18 and Owen Meaney ‘18 signed to Louisiana Tech and The University of Texas, respectively.

Philip has been an impact player since arriving on campus, spending time in the outfield before stepping up to fill the role of catcher and leader his junior year. Philip had been interested in Lousiana Tech since receiving his offer earlier this year. He took visits to campus since then, even attending one of their football games.

Philip explained that Louisiana Tech stuck out to him because he “loved the coaches and the players at Louisiana Tech and just the overall atmosphere of the school.” He also hopes to major in engineering, which makes the school a great fit for him.

Owen has had buzz around him since day 1 of being an Eagle. He received an early offer from LSU and was originally committed to play there, but he flipped his commitment to UT once he got an offer from the school after this past season. On what the university offered to make him do this, Owen accredited the “The athletic tradition and academic success [being] too much to pass up.”

Both players have good things to say about this upcoming season and noted a strong pitching staff and batting lineup along with a developing defense. They, along with their teammates, are hoping to be state championship contenders again and secure #25.

• The Grind Never Stops

Features

An Open Letter to Melvin Larkins ’18

• The Grind Never Stops

Features

Exciting Changes Ahead for Eagle Publications

• Features

Eagle Chess Team Earns 3rd at Cardinals Cup Tournament

• The Grind Never Stops

Features

Students Topple Round Up Record

• The Grind Never Stops

Features

Eagle Robotics reaches Semi Finals

• The Grind Never Stops

Features

A first semester to remember

• The Grind Never Stops

OpEd

Why the holidays are so meaningful

• The Grind Never Stops

Features

Warning: Graphic (Novels)

• The Grind Never Stops

Sports

Eagle Basketball to take on Memorial Tonight!

• The Grind Never Stops

Sports

Injuries plague Eagle sports teams

The Student News Site of Saint Thomas High School
The Grind Never Stops